TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVE:
Provide customer and technical support of LogiSYS software for current and new clients. Assigned clients, must manage own workflow. Technical services team staff are responsible for advanced aspects of application analysis, support, implementation, triage and special product functions. Team members develop creative and effective ways of addressing customer concerns, escalating to management and project leads when necessary, in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. The person in this position is responsible for analyzing, defining and proposing client software problem fixes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer and technical support of LogiSYS software.
- Respond to clients following problem identification; researching possible “fixes”; and guiding clients through corrective steps in advanced functions of the application.
- Improve client references by writing and maintaining documentation.
- Demonstrate attention to customer needs and technical quality improvements.
- Maintain composure when responding to clients.
- Escalate complex issues to the lead or manager when necessary.
- Provide a strong desire to learn and stay on top of technology changes and how they affect our products and processes.
- Conduct client user and system administrator training classes.
- May require occasional travel. May require on call responsibilities (evenings/weekends).
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Windows technical skills: Install, troubleshoot, configure, etc.
- Exposure to SQL database management.
- Attention to detail and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to learn new things quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Exposure to scripting (perl, python).
- Exposure to web development.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Training, computer software technical support, and/or customer service experience.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Two years of experience in training, support, and/or customer service or two years post-secondary education.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will receive extensive training and instruction.
Background check required.
Logistic Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.