Posting Date: 4/17/2020
SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVE:
Provide implementation, training, and support of Edulog software, specifically GIS functionality. Services team staff are responsible for advanced aspects of application analysis, support, triage and special product functions, typically those provided for a fee. Team members develop creative and effective ways of addressing customer concerns, escalating to management and project leads when necessary, in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. The person in this position is responsible for analyzing, defining and proposing client GIS software problem fixes. May require occasional travel. May have on call responsibilities.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide implementation, training, and support of public safety and school bus routing.
• Communicate with clients, vendors, management, and contractors in order to coordinate and administer the use of GIS projects and data. Create, refine and analyze GIS data for use in public safety and school bus routing systems
• Review, design, model, and normalize existing and new spatial data for client implementations.
• Perform quality assurance or control of GIS data.
• Provide technical guidance and assistance to staff and other client personnel as required.
• Develop project documentation and related training.
• Provide implementation, training, and support of company software.
• If necessary, travel to client locations to implement and conduct training on GIS software. Organize and facilitate client problem-solving sessions to better understand user preferences for product development and software functionality.
• Improves client references by writing and maintaining documentation.
• Engage in continuous learning.
• Provides guidance, direction, and training to less-experienced staff including technical advice to non-technical staff.
• Escalate complex issues to the lead or manager when necessary.
• Demonstrate attention to customer needs and technical quality improvements. .
• Show the initiative to take on new and more complex situations and projects.
• Provide a strong desire to learn and stay on top of technology changes and how they affect our products and processes.
• May require occasional travel.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of QGIS, ArcGIS Desktop software.
• Understanding of ArcGIS Server environments and SDE geodatabases.
• Specific knowledge of coordinate systems and geographic transformations.
• Design, implement, manage, and maintain geodatabases in a SQL Server environment, including supporting a versioned editing environment and topology.
• Understand how to create models and Python scripts to automate GIS tasks.
• Designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining geodatabases in a SQL Server environment; including supporting a versioned editing environment, and topology…
• Technical troubleshooting, creative problem solving, and resourcefulness a must.
• Ability to learn new things quickly.
• Work in a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of four (4) years of documented and proven GIS experience.
• OR An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in geography, geomatics, GIS, or related field and two (2) years of documented and proven GIS experience.
• OR A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in geography, geomatics, GIS, or related field and one (1) year of documented and proven GIS experience.
• OR A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in geography, geomatics, GIS, or related field.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at http://www.logisys911.com/employment to fill out an application and submit a cover letter and resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer