SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVE:
Entry-level database implementation/support specialist. Provide implementation, training, and support of LogiSYS software, with emphasis on basic database support and scripting. Services team staff are responsible for advanced aspects of application analysis, support, triage and special product functions, typically those provided for a fee. Team members develop creative and effective ways of addressing customer concerns, escalating to management and project leads when necessary, in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. This entry level position will assist senior staff in analyzing, defining and proposing client software problem solutions, enhancements, and fixes.
- Communicate with clients, the general public, vendors, management, and contractors in order to coordinate and administer projects and data. Create, refine and analyze data for use in 911 dispatch systems.
- Perform quality assurance or control of data.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to staff and other client personnel as required.
- Develop project documentation and related training.
- Provide implementation, training, and support of LogiSYS software.
- Travel to client locations to implement and train LogiSYS software.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of MS-SQL and MS Visual Studio.
- Design, implement, manage, and maintain databases in a SQL Server environment, including supporting a versioned editing environment and topology.
- Understand how to create models and scripts to automate database tasks.
- Exposure to scripting (perl, python).
- Exposure to web development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and problem solving abilities.
- Technical troubleshooting, creative problem solving, and resourcefulness a must.
- Ability to learn new things quickly.
- Work in a team environment.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop software.
- Understanding of ArcGIS Server environments and SDE geodatabases.
- Specific knowledge of coordinate systems and geographic transformations.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Training, computer software technical support, and/or customer service experience.
- OR Two years of experience in training, support, and/or customer service plus two years post-secondary education;
- OR a four year degree.
Background check required.
Logistic Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.