SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVE:
Programmers are responsible for efforts focused on advanced software features – developing software enhancements, improving existing software, developing new modules, and adding functions in collaboration with end-users and project managers for the purpose of resolving client issues and improving existing software. The programmer will use special programs, such as Java, Visual Basic, SQL Server databases, and C/C++/C Sharp. Programmers also analyze programs that need to be repaired, changed, or added to another program already in place.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Programmers are responsible for developing and maintaining software code, while keeping the end-users needs in mind.
- Reviews, analyzes & modifies Logisys products including coding, encoding, testing, & debugging
- Collaborate with Logisys staff to plan program code enhancements and changes.
- Assist Logisys technical support staff when they are unable to resolve a program, SQL database, or IT issue by themselves.
- Occasionally communicate with customers as may be needed to clarify the intent of a new feature or resolve a problem.
- Provide general programming assistance to other Logisys programmers, and perform large or small projects with other programmers as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge, with the ability to work well with others.
- Critical thinking and advanced problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced working environment.
- More than one year of experience in C/C++/C Sharp, Java, Visual Basic, SQL Server databases, Windows Server Professional and Windows Operating System.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, or related field required
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science preferred