SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVE:
The person in this position is responsible for analyzing, defining and proposing client software problem fixes, search for results regarding performance, reliability, bugs and any other failures. This person records details metrics and monitors them to track the progress and outcomes of the testing process. The testing status is communicated either verbally or in writing to the programmers. Software Testers help develop training and specification documentation. At the conclusion of testing, software testers may make recommendations, document failures, and perform other tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Software testers are responsible for actively using company software to ensure that every function of the software works as designed.
- Provide a strong desire to learn and stay on top of technology changes and how they affect our products and processes.
- Tests software for engineering team as appropriate; for the purpose of providing insight and recommendations.
- Escalate complex issues to the area lead or manager when necessary.
- Improves practical software application by recommending methods and techniques for overall system performance.
- Provides guidance, direction, and training to less-experienced staff including technical advice to non-technical staff, for the purposes of providing staff support and to facilitate project completion.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced data analysis and software trouble-shooting.
- Demonstrated effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, standards and accepted practices.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical thinking, and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be able to handle multiple processes while testing cases and develop plan “fixes”.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel™, MS Word™, SQL Servers, DB2 databases, Windows Server Professional, and Windows Operating Systems.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or relevant certification is required.
- Bachelor degree preferred.